Buckingham Palace Expectations VS Reality (London Europe Day 3.3) | April 2018

October 28, 2019


Brushing our major bad luck with Big Ben and Westminister Abbey aside, we trudged on to Buckingham Palace. Most people know I'm vehemently against any form of exercise but I walk a lot more when I'm overseas. Maybe it's the fresher air, or colder climate, or maybe it's the fact that I enjoy more sights travelling by foot. Maybe it's a combination of all these factors with a tinge of thriftiness.


Here is Cheryl holding a bunch of things (including snacks from our hostel and Marks & Spencer that we had for lunch to save money) in a plastic bag because our bags were too small to fit everything in. This is what happens when you travel with two girls.






Haven't had the opportunity to witness cherry blossoms in Japan, but found happiness in some pink flowers in London anyway!


True to my bad luck magnet tendencies, Buckingham Palace was barricaded with a sea of people crowding around for an event I presume was happening that day.




The place was brimmed with tourists, each wanting to get their perfect shot of the royal palace. I wonder what's it like to live in a place that has turned into a major tourist attraction, and under constant scrutinisation from the public...




It takes talent to photograph Buckingham Palace as a serene place considering it was bustling with tourists. I think I did pretty decently, if I do say so myself.







Expectations VS reality of the situation at Buckingham Palace.





You Might Also Like

0 comments