Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway Sunscreen Review

November 08, 2018


Any self-respecting friend of mine would be aware of how deathly aware of the sun I am. Naturally, I was thrilled when Althea announced the launch of Petal Velvet Sunaway, a lightweight sunscreen that is cruelty-free and made of natural ingredients.

Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is made with a non-chemical UV filter, meaning it builds up sunscreen filter on the surface of our skin and scatters UV light, protecting our skin from UVA and UVB rays with a SPF 50+ PA++++.


Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is perfect as the last step in my skincare regime as it contains hyaluronic acid, which replenishes moisture in my skin while controlling excessive sebum. I've used many sunscreens in the market and some give me the "shiny" look and, believe me, that's not something you want because it REFLECTS in photos.

After using Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway for a month, I think what I love most about it is how it gives me a light, velvety finish that is perfect even for days without make up. It's also non-sticky and, as mentioned in my IG Story, it doesn't break me out or make my eyes sting. Trust me, I've used many sunscreens from well known brands that end up stinging my eyes!


Pros of Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway Sunscreen:
  • Lightweight and leaves no white cast
  • Makes my skin feel smooth after application
  • Made of natural ingredients (You can check out the full list of Althea's Petal Velvet Sunaway ingredients here)
  • Suitable for sensitive skin

Cons of Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway Sunscreen:
  • I'm not a fan of it's rose smell, but that's pretty subjective
  • The texture is a little watery so it's sometimes hard to control the amount that's being squeezed out


Althea also sent me their Petal Velvet Powder, with a special 3rd anniversary edition in Pink Lavender. I love the scent of lavender so you can obviously imagine how much this appeals to me! I previously reviewed Althea's Petal Velvet Powder here.

Anyway, Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway is retailing at only S$13! Purchase yours from Althea's website today :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments