Review of The Feather Blade — Flat Iron Steak of Singapore

March 18, 2019

I think most Singaporeans would have heard of The Feather Blade by now. If you haven't The Feather Blade is running a pop up steakhouse in Singapore's very own Chinatown. What makes The Feather Blade extremely popular with Singaporeans is that it was set up by an ex-employee of the famed Flat Iron Steak in London.

Since I missed Flat Iron Steak in London, I decided to drop by The Feather Blade with my boyfriend to review their steak.


I was initially a little confused when I reached the address Google Maps pointed me to, but later realised that The Feather Blade's pop-up store is actually inside Zui Hong Lou. The Feather Blade is easily identified by their posters screaming STEAKS that are plastered around the shop. The queue, which I failed to capture, is towards the right of this photo.

We reached at 7:20pm and joined the queue for a while before a friendly employee took down our numbers and told us we can go talk a walk around Chinatown before returning at 8:30pm. I like this system a lot because it means we don't have to wait in Singapore's intolerable heat!

We wandered off a bit about 8:20pm and The Feather Blade called us at approximately 8:20pm.

The Feather Blade menu

The Feather Blade steak menu

We initially ordered two sets of steaks (both medium) together with two sides (potato and mushroom) and one sauce (Horseradish Cream). However,  the mushroom was just sold out so we settled with just one side.


Similar to Flat Iron Steak in London, The Feather Blade serves free salted popcorn and water. The dishes were served pretty quickly after we place our orders. Don't have much photos because we were busy enjoying our steaks but the verdict from both of us was that steaks from The Feather Blade were worth the hype.

The steak was juicy and flavourful — my boyfriend even said it's the best he ever had and this boy is a gastronome. The potato is so soft that it melted in my mouth but to be honest I won't pay $7 for it. I didn't fancy the horseradish cream but that's because I'm a picky eater. My boyfriend found it a good compliment to the steaks.

I thought The Feather Blade was a little expensive compared to Flat Iron Steak ($21 vs £10, which is ~$18) but I guess the markup is inevitable. My boyfriend, on the other hand, finds the pricing resonable for such good steaks.

The Feather Blade pop-up store runs from 2 March to 21 April 2019.

(This post is not sponsored and we paid for our meals.)

-

The Feather Blade

Address

90 Club St, 069458 (inside Zui Hong Lou)

Nearest MRT

Chinatown Station, Exit A

Opening Hours

5:30pm to 1am on Saturdays and Sundays

You Might Also Like

0 comments