Goodfriday,

April 02, 2010

Goodfriday is not just a holiday .
Goodfriday is not any other Friday .
Just like how Easter is not only about bunnys , eggs , chocolates , etc .
Goodfriday , is that friday that Jesus died for us .
He died for our sins .
He suffered humiliation . He was publicly scourged with a leather-thonged whip before his crucifixion . Tiny pieces of iron and bone chips were tied to the ends of each leather thong , causing deep cuts and painful bruising . He was mocked , struck in the head with a staff and spit on . A prickly crown of thorns was placed on his head and he was stripped naked .

(View this video & you will know)
On the 3rd day after the crucifixion , a violent earthquake took place as an angel from heaven rolled back the stone. The guards shook in fear as the angel, dressed in bright white, sat upon the stone. The angel announced that Jesus who was crucified was no longer in the tomb, "He is risen, just as he said ." & this day , is Easter day .
Where can you find better love except with God ?
I know there are people out there who might say I'm a religious freak , or even spam my blog after I post this up .
Maybe , some friends of mine will think that I don't respect them/their religions .
Some might even say I'm lying .
But with God by my side , I fear nothing .

“Love the Lord yur God with all yur heart and with all yur soul and with all yur strength .” - Deuteronomy 6:5

DearGod ,
I thank You for everything , everyone in my life , especially hjy, jwjy & tyy .
I thank You for Yur undying love , even though I don't deserve it .
I know , I haven't been a good daughter .
I've always done things to hurt You .
But even after everything , You still love me .
I've came to realise that everything that happened in my life , happens for a reason .
Even my family .
You will always be there for me to turn to , to walk hand-in-hand with , even if the whole world is against me .
This , I know .
I pray hard , hard and very hard , that I'll be able to go to church .
I wanna be close to You , like I've never been before .
I wanna have faith in You , those faith , that can move a mountain .
I wanna be like Joann , never ashamed to proclaim that You're Lord . She is my role model .
Lastly , I pray that I'll have the courage to speak t othe nations (beginning with my friends) , through You .
withloves ,
Regine .

-

Thank you for the cross, Lord
Thank you for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace

Thank you for this love, Lord
Thank you for the nail pierced hands
Washed me in Yur cleansing flow
Now all I know
Yur forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crowns
You reign victorious

High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The Darling of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb

(Worthy is the Lamb - Hillsongunited)

You Might Also Like

0 comments