You're my dream. There's not a thing I wouldn't do. I would give up my life for you.

June 25, 2011


"I'm never pleased with anything, I’'m a perfectionist, it's part of who I am." - Michael Jackson

I used to display my raw emotions on my blog because it is a kind of release for me. But in recent years I don't like to pour my personal feelings out on this public platform anymore. There's just too much explaining involved and it complicates matters. Sometimes I still reveal a bit of feelings on my blog but it is kept to a minimum. It's not that I can't trust anyone. It's just that I don't know if anyone cares.

I'm no longer that happy bubbly girl with not problems in my primary school or lower secondary days. I'm now faced with real problems. Today, I realized that every single action I make will define my future. I know that I have to look ahead. I know there is no going back. I know I shouldn't cling on to the past. But today when I finally quietened down, negativity overpowered me again. It scratched me all over, ripped my limbs apart and broke them like tree branches. But I didn't fight back. Just tear me apart. I whispered. Let me feel pain. Let my skin burn. Let my heart die. Let it die.

Last night, I dreamt I hugged your right arm. I felt so warm. And we walked and talked like nothing ever happened before. And it was that simple. Our happiness was this simple. My heart dies a little every time I think about how a love once so passionate has faded into a buddy relationship so distant, so strange.

School's reopening on Monday. I look forward to seeing my friends again yet I dread having to wake up early in the morning. Other than that, I hate studying too! Oh well, blame my short attention span .After spending a whole day month of lazing around, maybe it's time I get started on my homework.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.
- Michael Jackson
Side note: if you've noticed, the beginning and the ending quotes on my blog today are both by Michael Jackson. Reason being, today is his 2nd death anniversary. #RipMichaelJackson, the greatest performer ever. You were an amazing person. The world will never forget how you changed us. Your music, legend & spirit will always live on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments