In a year.

November 12, 2013

It's been a year since I started working as a temporary cashier at Metro Sengkang and I can't believe how much my life has changed since. I learned so many things just by working there; I learned the value of friendship, and to not trust just anybody. I learned to be independent and stand up for myself.

When I started work, I was waiting for my O Level results and was very much in love with a boy. I had no idea how my life was going to have such a huge change in just a year. All I knew was that I wanted to get I to Mass Communication in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. But now that I'm here, I'm not that sure if I made the right choice anymore. It's not that I do not cherish the chance given to me but that in an environment this competitive, I feel like I can no longer keep up. I used to be so determined but now I feel like giving up. How did this change in just one year?

I had no clue that in less than a year, the boy I thought I was going to marry will turn into a stranger. How a two year relationship turned sour in the last few months. How we used to be inseparable but now I can go weeks without him even popping up once in my mind. And I definitely wouldn't have thought that I would meet someone new during my very first job, and fall in love all over again. But everything is falling perfectly into place and I have no regrets. :)

I'm pretty much satisfied with my life right now and I wouldn't do anything to change it but sometimes I can't help but wonder how would my life be now if I didn't go for my interview that cold rainy Saturday afternoon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments