Perception

May 25, 2015

I was excited about this new phase of my life. "If you don't like something about yourself, then fix it," I'd tell myself daily. So I began fixing myself. I changed everything about me that I didn't like in hopes of finding a more confident self.

But one day I met someone who put things into perception for me.

"Why do you have to fix yourself?" He was curious about my new motto.

The answer was simple - because I didn't like who I am.

"Do you change a bulb that still can be lighted up?" he probed again.

I shook my head. Ha, what a silly question. Of course not, nobody does that.

"Then why do you want to fix yourself when you're not broken? The only thing that needs to be fixed is how you look at yourself, how you feel about yourself. You don't need to change yourself to be happy. You change your perception of life."

You Might Also Like

1 comments