Sometimes the smallest things take up the most space in your heart.

November 05, 2011


When I sit near you, my hands suddenly become alien things and I don't know where to put them or what they usually do. It's like this is the first time I've ever had hands. Maybe they go in my pockets and maybe they don't.

It's already November and the year is coming to an end. School haven't ended for me as I've got Bridging Program and sub-papers going on. Everything's going on rather well, I guess. I haven't blog in a while because my laptop was down but it's okay now so I guess I'll just update a little bit about my life.

I promoted to Secondary 4 Express next year and I guess I gotta buck up and study real hard for my O levels next year. I haven't been feeling well recently though, so this won't be a long post. To know more about my life, follow me on my twitter (xMiamour). Other than that, to those who were asking on my formspring, stinkyboy and me are kinda complicated right now but we're good. So yup. Maybe things will stay like this for a long time, maybe it won't. Who knows? I believe that people in love will remember the things they do to each other, be it good or bad. So if something bad was done by a party and they're still together, it is not because they forget. It is because they forgive.

I read this saying/story online around last year and chanced upon it again. Just thought of sharing it with you guys coz it's meaningful to me.

"The trouble with if only is that it doesn't change anything. It keeps the person facing the wrong way — backward instead of forward. It wastes time. In the end, if you let it become a habit, it can become a real roadblock — an excuse for not trying anymore.

Everyone makes mistakes. Mistakes are what we learn from. But when you were telling me about them, lamenting this, regretting that, you weren't really learning from them. You never got out of the past tense. Not once did you mention the future. And in a way, you were enjoying it. There's a perverse streak in all of us that makes us like to hash over old mistakes. After all, when you relate the story of some disaster or disappointment that has happened to you, you're still the chief character, still in the center of the stage.

The only remedy is switching the focus, change the key words and substituting a phrase that supplies lift instead of creating drag . Strike out the words 'if only'; substitute the phrase NEXT TIME. If someone keeps saying ' if only ', he's in trouble. But when he looks me in the eye and says next time, I know he's on his way to overcoming his problem. It means he has decided to apply the lessons he has learned from his experience, however grim or painful it may have been. It means he's going to push aside the roadblock of regret, move forward, take action, resume living.

Try it yourself. You'll see."















So if all we have is that glance in the window. If all we have is till this train stops. If all we have is till the sun comes up, till your lift picks you up. And if all we have is till the day I die. I'm okay with what we have.

You Might Also Like

0 comments