Time.

May 13, 2014

I wished that moment would last forever, I wish it didn't have to end.
I closed my eyes, and did everything I could to have that moment etched in my memory.
The way your eyes curve when you smile, the way your face scrunches up when you laugh.
The way your chin rested on my head, the way you smelt, the way you look.
We were silent; we didn't speak and we didn't have to - it just felt right.
Yet tears welled up in my eyes and I had to fought to keep them from rolling out.
Deep in my heart, I knew we only have a few seconds left.
The earth continued spinning, the world continued moving.
Nothing I could do could make it stop. Eventually, I gave up and gave in.
Time wasn't on my side. Time is never on my side when it comes to you.
Much as I hate to see you go, I know saying goodbye is inevitable.

At least this isn't permanent.

You Might Also Like

0 comments