You were my favourite lullaby

September 14, 2015

I stopped talking to you because you stopped listening. It's as simple as this.

A long time ago, we used to be able to talk things out because we both listened and tried to change for the better. For you, for me, for us. But today, it's no longer like this between us. This feeling is unexplainable... I don't know which is worse, meeting someone whom you thought was perfect for you till he changed or not meeting your soulmate at all?

I hate wasting my energy on someone who knows how certain things make me feel but refuse to rectify them. I hate the fact that you know what makes me happy - and these are things that don't cost you a dime - but you refuse to do them simply because you're "too busy", "have nothing to say" or worse, you brush me off with, "is it really that important?"

Yes. Yes it is.

If it's not important, would I keep repeating myself? You think I enjoy pestering you huh?

But so what if it is? You wouldn't do anything about it. You know it yourself too.

So just leave it.

...

“I can tell that you're a simple girl. You want really simple things and these things already make you so happy. I hope you find the simple happiness you're looking for.”

... 

"So just leave it," I said. 

But that's not what I want. There is nothing else I want more than you coming back to me, telling me you still want this to work, you still want to work this out with me. 

I want to go back to the past, when you made me feel like no one else matters because I was the only girl in your world. When we worked things out and listened to each other instead of sweeping things under the rug. When you sent me long messages telling me how much you appreciate me, making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

When you showed me off. You did that so much when we first began. You posted photos of us. Screenshots. You tweeted me. You made me felt so wanted. That for once I met someone who isn't hiding me from the world. That I finally met a guy who isn't ashamed of us. Look world! Someone is truly proud to have me :')

Yeah. I wish I could return to the past.

...

One can only dream.

You Might Also Like

1 comments