Hong Kong Disneyland Fireworks — Disney in the Stars (HK Day 2.7)

February 06, 2018


How can any girl miss out the chance to take photos at Fantasyland at night? I love all the fairylights Hong Kong Disneyland put up, making the entire theme park look... Magical. I need to stop using that word but Disneyland is where the magic comes alive, am I right?

我的少女时代 vibes. This was when the movie was released just 4 months before so everything was still fresh!




I could barely reach the end of the automobile while Chelsea had to bend her legs

From Fantasyland, we walked to Tomorrowland where Chelsea drove me on Autopia. Halfway through, we realised we might miss the starting of the fireworks because it was getting late T__T I rushed Chelsea to drive quickly (although it was out of her control but I'm an annoying friend like that) and we threatened to just stop in the middle of the path where we could see Fantasyland just to catch the fireworks LOL.




Dishivelled, but we made it before the fireworks started! The fireworks used to start at about 8:30pm but as of January 2018, Hong Kong Disneyland has cancelled the nightly fireworks display (link). The fireworks will only begin again after their expansion plan completes in 2023 T__T














I somehow managed to make Hong Kong Disneyland look like it's burning down












After the fireworks, we went back to Disney stores to stock up on more souvenirs for our friends. I ended up with a bunch of tsum tsum for my friends, and a Tinkerbell tsum tsum for myself!

Elsa looks a little weird...







Editing my photos after two years was bittersweet. I realised that change is truly inevitable. Hong Kong Disneyland has changed — until 2023, they will no longer play the nightly fireworks. Admittedly, I have changed too. I can go back to Disneyland in the same season with the same friend, but I am no longer the same person. Even if we return to Disneyland and tried to pretend everything is the same, we no longer possess the uncertainty yet optimism that comes along with fresh grads.

It's been two years and Hong Kong Disneyland remains the only Disneyland I've visited. But I have stopped whining about never being in a Disneyland or not travelling enough. The past two years taught me to be thankful, to remember the good and forget the bad, to chase my dreams because I am responsible for my own happiness.


 You've never been Hong Kong unless you take photos in front of the MTR signs...


We stopped by Mong Kok instead of Prince Edward because I wanted to grab a pack of Bai Wei Cold Noodles as dinner. Yummy!


Bought 9 tsum tsums in total for myself and my friends. Top to bottom, left to right: Tinkerbell, Woody, Ariel, R2D2, Pascal, Perry, Buzz Lightyear, Alice, Little Green Men.

You Might Also Like

0 comments