Hong Kong Disneyland Paint the Night Parade and Fireworks (HK Day 2.6)

February 04, 2018

We were about done with Hong Kong Disneyland after Toy Story Land so we walked back to Adventureland to take some rides that we previously missed.


Although Hong Kong Disneyland is opened from 10am to 8pm, the attractions have different opening hours. We didn't get to go to Tarzan's Treehouse because we didn't realise that it closes at 6pm.


Onboard Jungle River Cruise which, like the name suggests, brought us cruising along the river in Adventureland.



You can catch a glimpse of the cruise journey on my Disneyland vlog.


The cruise was seperated into three lines for English, Chinese and Cantonese speakers. We were the most comfortable with English, our first language, so naturally we made a beelined for the English queue. Thankfully, the queue was short and we boarded in no time.

Also, thank God we didn't have to queue for very long in any of the rides. I heard some of my friends queued 1-2 hours for some rides. Insane! Some of them even had to spend that few hours fending off queue-cutters. That'd have been a nghtmare because nothing drives me crazier than people who can't be bothered to stand in line. Really counting my lucky stars that Hong Kong Disneyland turned out to be such a pleasant experience for me.



Hong Kong Disneyland looks magical at night *__*



After realising that almost everything in Adventureland has closed for the day, we walked back to Toy Story Land for Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop because Chelsea enjoyed the ride so much. I didn't mind either, despite my fear of heights, because I thought it would've been magical to see Hong Kong Disneyland lighted up from above. No regrets!!! Although I don't have a photo or video to show you guys because we were scolded for bringing our phones on the ride T__T


After our ride, we walked to Main Street for Paint the Night Parade! At that point in time, March 2016, the night parade was exclusive to Hong Kong Disneyland and was a nightly occurrence, at 7:30pm.

A quick check on Hong Kong Disneyland's website shows that Paint the Night Parade now happens only every Thursday, at the same timing.


The songs were in Cantonese so for most part, I was as lost as Alice (from Alice in Wonderland lol Disney reference!).


Omg, it's Tinkerbell!


















The performers' energy was contagious and you could feel their fiery passion. This wasn't just a job to them. They worked hard for it and went through rounds of auditions and rehearsals to put up a wonderful performance every night. I have so much respect for people who dare to pursue their dreams, especially in performing.
























The parade ended with kids and adults joining in to march after Mickey Mouse.


Because I am so ~dedicated~ (that I blogged about this two years late), I even shot a video of Paint the Night Parade on top of all the photos I have. Yay!

You Might Also Like

0 comments