MY FORMER FRIEND CHRISTINA KOO IS A LIAR

February 14, 2018

[Last updated on 26 December 2018. The post is already long enough so any further updates will be done on my liar friend part 2 post (click)]


Because of how complexed and preposterous this story is, I’ll introduce my characters.

Christina Koo, the antagonist, the supposed liar.

I met Christina Koo in university and together with another of our classmate, Charlene, we became good friends who talked almost every hour and spent many days a week together.

Christina Koo had two other good friends, Matty and Edwin, whom she knew from when they were kids. Jones is Matty’s older brother who supposedly passed away during a freak accident that involved Matty and Jones.

Matty and Christina Koo shared an unbreakable bond because he was always there for her when her foster mom was abusive and provided her a roof over her when she was chased out.

(Matty and Edwin are pseudonyms to protect their privacy. Charlene gets to keep her real name because she doesn’t care and she wants Christina Koo to be exposed.)



Christina Koo wanted to introduce Matty, her friend of more than 15 years, to me because my friends were sick of my lack of a love life. Now, I never liked this “introducing” thing because it feels too awkward and forced. Plus, I thought it was a poor timing since I just ended things with someone I was seeing then.

 

But Christina Koo vehemently vouched for Matty's character so I agreed, thinking ok let’s just see how this turns out

Once, I stayed over at Christina Koo’s place once and doodled on her notepad. It became an inside joke by then because Matty and Christina Koo were artists and I, in comparison, was incapable of drawing a recognisable cow.


Christina Koo took photos of my drawings, sent to Matty, and Matty replied something along the lines of, “She never learn art, that’s why she can’t draw. YES GOT SOMETHING TO PLAN FOR ALREADY!” She showed the texts to me and I thought it was pretty cute that he was this animated.

Since Matty was overseas that time, he called her that night for a quick chat — their nightly routine. I mostly left them alone although Christina Koo later told me that Matty asked about me a lot.

Despite his initial excitement, Matty couldn’t turn up due to work commitments. He was supposedly setting up a business. Matty’s enthusiasm gradually waned and, according to Christina Koo, he largely avoided me because he doesn’t know how to apologise.

While that was happening, Christina Koo was dealing with some drama of her own as well. Edwin was a fuccboi who got several girls pregnant but started taking interest in her. One night, Christina Koo was sick and Edwin delivered herbal tea to her.

Time stamp of the updates she sent to our group chat:

10:15 — Edwin wanted to make herbal tea for her
10:45 — Edwin said he’d come over that night
11:00 — Edwin was preparing to head out
11:06 — Edwin caught the last bus
11:16 — Edwin was walking over to her place

Questions:

1) Since when was the last bus so early?

2) Even if Edwin only grabbed his wallet and walked to the bus stop, it’d take more than 5 minutes.

3) Charlene and I took a bus from the east, where Edwin was supposedly coming from, to Christina Koo’s house once. We whined throughout the journey because the bus ride took more than 30 minutes. Even if Edwin took a speeding cab, it would have taken him more than ten minutes.

Although I thought it was strange how Edwin conveniently came and left before Charlene reached Christina Koo’s house to drop something off, I didn’t suspect anything that point in time because you don’t randomly accuse your friends of lying, do you?


Charlene, Christina Koo and I were supposed to go to Hokkaido in May for cherry blossom. I shifted my entire Europe plans for that and Charlene, who was supposed to travel to Tokyo with her boyfriend in December, delayed her trip.

Christina Koo was supposed to book the tickets for me, and Charlene would book her ticket separately with her boyfriend.


For weeks, I repeatedly asked Christina Koo if the tickets have been booked because I needed to adjust my Europe trip accordingly. She never gave a definite answer until one day, she suddenly said it has long been booked. Err ok, but where’s the email? I pestered Christina Koo to forward me the booking or at least, provide me with a booking reference. She refused to check her email in front of us despite my constant badgering.

One day, I grumbled about Christina Koo and Matty’s constant erratic behaviour and when my brother conspired, “Maybe Christina Koo is lying. Maybe Matty doesn’t exist. Maybe she didn’t book (the tickets to) Hokkaido.”

The seed was planted.

I soon realised that a lot of things Christina Koo said don’t match up.



We were supposed to start an organic soap business together — Charlene and I have already pumped in the money. Charlene did the sourcing, me the designing, and Christina Koo knew the industry because she sold organic soaps to raise funds for her poly school fees.


When Charlene and I went to her house, we saw the soap on the desk — in the exact same packaging — and I squealed excitedly, “Oooh that’s the soap you made right!!!” Christina Koo replied no, it’s a sample stock she got from Australia to model her soaps after. At that time I thought I remembered wrongly, but now there’s proof.


Other times it’s minute things like when I said after we clubbed I fell asleep immediately upon reaching home, she said she did the same. But when I repeated my story a few days later, she commented, “You damn jialat leh” because she at least showered, washed and dried hair before falling asleep. Another time she said she fell asleep without drying her hair.

These, I can chalk it up to her wanting to fit in.

But the bigger issue at hand is Matty, an iffy character in her story.

One day, I was laying in bed and I realised she told me Matty did badly for O Levels but somehow scored well for SAT because of the different exam format(? — someone verify this please) so he enrolled in a university overseas. A few months later, Christina Koo told Charlene and me that Matty scored 5 for O Levels.

Even if Matty enlisted at 17, finished his two years of NS at 19, it didn’t make sense for him to graduate at 22 because he was doing a three-year programme, and had supposedly wasted another year prior in a wrong programme.


I did what any self-respecting Internet police would do — Google. Nothing turned up for Matty and Edwin’s full name. NOTHING AT ALL. Not even a Linkedin account (especially important for businessmen like them). I’ve never met such elusive people, which only raised my suspicions

I found some friends of friends who were from the same secondary school as Christina Koo, Matty and Edwin. While none of them knew the trio, one got hold of Matty’s Facebook account for me. Matty’s account was active at least until 2016. Christina Koo previously told me Matty doesn’t use social media.


According to photos mutual friends posted, Real Matty enlisted in 2014, when he was 19, and ORD in 2016. It didn’t correspond to the timeline Christina Koo gave. How could he have graduated in mid-2017 when he only finished NS in late 2016?

One particular friend of Matty’s is my good friend’s old roommate’s ex-classmate. Lmaoooo that was a mouthful, but that’s how small Singapore is — everyone knows someone. They helped me link things up and I found out Real Matty studied in Singapore after O Levels. It made complete sense that he enlisted at 19 then.

Was Matty lying to Christina Koo about his life, or was Christina Koo lying to us?

“Matty” to CK

She had mundane conversations with Matty! Would you suspect your friend of conjuring up stories if she showed you normal conversations like the above?


Matty was even angry that Christina Koo got a little too high when she clubbed with us and snatched her phone to question me.


My brother was one of the first people I told.

I cross-referenced the photos posted by Matty’s friends with the photos Christina Koo sent us. One in particular — the only one she had of Matty and her — was taken on their church missionary trip. Back then, Charlene and I exclaimed that Christina Koo looked totally different and puberty really changed her.

She looked different because, as I found out through tags on the photo, the girl is not her. Simply put, Christina Koo pretended to be someone else in that photo. I found the real identity of the girl and confirmed that Christina Koo wasn’t in that photo.

After connecting the initial dots, it was way easier to do any further research. And I found out Edwin doesn’t exist! I know, because I spoke to Real Edwin. Real Edwin confirmed Christina Koo ripped off his photo, but he doesn’t know Christina Koo and Matty isn’t a friend from his childhood either. If Edwin isn’t real, doesn’t it mean that all previous stories she related to us about Edwin making a girl pregnant then forcing her into adoption were conjured from her vile imagination?

Once I was fairly confident of my findings, I presented my facts to Charlene.


And I told her what I had till then.

Later, I found out Charlene was having really bad stomach cramps but my initial message about Matty miraculously sent her cramps away LOL. Because we’re journalism majors, I also asked if Charlene reckons my “Matty is fake” is a strong enough headline for newspapers LOLOL.

Christina Koo also told us Matty’s mom adores her and even showed me screenshots of their conversation. I noted that Matty’s mom shares the same name as one of her friend’s mom on FB. But I remained unsuspecting then because I thought the name, albeit a hokkien one, was just a common auntie’s name wts #gullible #stupid. My friends took turns to laugh at me fml.

Another time, she shopped for Matty because he instructed her to buy some clothes for him. She bought 4 men pullovers — 2 blue ones and 2 green ones, in size S and L. Christina Koo chalked it up to Matty being weird and liking the same clothes in different sizes. I have same clothes in 5 different colours too so I didn’t find it too weird.

Seeing how Christina Koo was struggling with the shopping bags, I sent her home. She was fussing over the pullovers, insisting that snipping off the price tags and washing the new apparels were the jobs of a girlfriend, not a girl best friend. But she did it for him anyway. I saw her snipping off the price tags at home.

Where did the pullovers go, if she didn’t pass them to Matty?


(I later learned that she gave two to her ex, and I guess the other two is sitting in her wardrobe.)

Christina Koo always told us she has friends overseas, in Sweden, helping her prepare for her move to Sweden. Not uncommon, because I have friends overseas updating me with their job situation too, since I’m planning to move overseas.

Christina Koo sent us photos of her friends, whom she reportedly met on an internet penpal website.





Charlene took a page from my policing handbook, she did a quick reverse image search, and found out that her “friends” are actors and actresses from a Norwegian TV show.

Another thing, I tolerated Matty’s disappearance and lack of apology for so long without losing my cool because Christina Koo gave him a sob story.

Matty apparently lost his older brother, Jones, in a car accident as a kid.




Even when I was exposing Christina Koo to my friends, I kept Jones out of it because I was worried about Real Matty and felt that it wasn’t my story to tell.

when I tried looking for reports of the accident, nothing turned up although it should’ve caused quite an uproar with the loss of two lives (Jones and the driver). I even searched the newspaper database in Singapore! Talk about dedication. My friend kindly searched the obituaries for Jones’ name in the year of that accident although she had absolutely no clue why I wanted her to LOL be my friend also quite suay ah.


Jones’ name wasn’t found in the obituaries.

I also found out which church Matty is from. By a stroke of luck, my friend’s cousin attended the same church. She confirmed Matty doesn’t have an older brother, thus Jones doesn’t exist and the accident didn’t happen.

“Matty” to Christina Ko

“Matty” to Christina Koo

But Christina Koo even had fights with Matty about Jones!!!

If Christina Koo were lying, how did her conversations with Matty come about?

It was one of the biggest mysteries when I figuring out whether Matty lied to Christina Koo or Christina Koo lied to us. So I downloaded Kik, the app she used to talk to Matty because Kik apparently works much faster overseas. (Nonsense, Real Matty has both WhatsApp and Telegram).

As it turns out, you don’t need a number to register for an account on Kik, so I reckon that’s how she faked a conversation with Matty — by logging in and out of her two accounts.

But Edwin?

“Edwin” to Christina Koo

Christina Koo also has a normal conversation with Edwin too, ON TELEGRAM.

My only explanation:

1) Christina Koo has another number (easy to get a prepaid card these days) on a spare phone (common to have a spare too) that she uses to text herself.

2) Christina Koo pretended her conversation with someone else was her conversation with Edwin. Because when I showed Real Edwin the Telegram screenshot, he said the guy in the DP wasn’t him. Although they did look alike.

Charlene and I couldn’t take it lying down so we, together with two other good friends who were dragged into Christina Koo’s cock and bull stories (for simplicity’s sake, will not be giving them names cos they don’t play a big part in the story), planned to confront her. All while Christina Koo was still blatantly lying to us.


I interned for an aviation company. There’s no midnight flight for the country and airline she quoted :')


Hey, at least I’m a self-aware psycho.

Like Charlene said, Christina Koo really messed with the wrong person. When we were friends, Christina Koo told us she worked for a human trafficking NGO. That piqued my interest because I am a human rights activist LOL. The image of Christina Koo shitting her pants when I questioned her endlessly about her NGO amuses me.

(I don’t wish to mention the organisation I worked with on a public platform, but you may drop me an email to verify things. You’ll know I’m telling the truth because the organisation and I actually follow each other on Instagram.)


What Christina Koo told me when I proclaimed an interest in joining her NGO.



What in the world?! Christina Koo lives in a Korean drama I kennut ✋🏻


In December, Christina Koo’s company, a human trafficking NGO, sent her overseas for a conference. Even though they supposedly didn’t have enough money to pay their employees.


Flights aren’t even that frequent! I know, because I did my homework, unlike Christina Koo.

Anyway, the NGO she’s supposedly working for doesn’t have an office in Singapore :') We also called her number when she was supposed to be in Perth. Was a Singapore dial tone. LOLLLLLL.


I wanna die too, of embarrassment for her...


Because this was Melbourne’s weather when I asked if it’s hot there.


This was what she supposedly learn on her conference work trip. Lmaoooo even primary school kids know you’re supposed to head to ground level???? I think she’s just trying to get me killed so I won’t expose her.

 

Poor Christina Koo had to deal with drama at home while on her work trip. Usually, bringing up someone’s family issues crosses the line for me but you’ll later learn why this piece of information is vital.


A potential breach of confidentiality is a serious issue. Can someone from PSB Academy please verify Christina Koo’s words?



CK forgot when was she due to return LOL.



One night, to confirm that we didn’t wrongly accuse her, we drove down to Matty’s supposed house. GUESS WHAT?

We saw Christina Koo alight from the bus when she was supposed to be overseas! 

It’s like even God wanted to expose her.

We were in such rude shock, we didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t even whip out my phone to take a photo and by the time we recovered, Christina Koo was already out of sight.

Score one for our sanity.

Not knowing what to do, we stuck to our plans and knocked on Matty’s door. Matty was supposed to live across the street from Christina Koo, and Christina Koo has once mentioned in passing Matty’s address — I remembered the address — so we headed to the house.

To say I was terrified would be a severe understatement. If Real Matty opened the door, does it mean I’m the one who’s crazy? Or that Christina Koo stalked Real Matty right down to his doorstep? If Matty doesn’t stay there, then is Christina Koo delusional? Either way, things couldn’t have turned out well. One of us would be siao in this story — thank god it’s not me.

Long story short, we knocked on two doors to give Christina Koo the benefit of doubt but both households knew of no Matty.

Can you imagine how traumatising it was?! To doubt your own sanity... Even this post seems ridiculous, on the brink of unbelievable, to ME, the protagonist. I wouldn’t dare post this if I didn’t have sufficient evidence. The entire story is too far-fetched.

THE NIGHT OF CONFRONTATION

By then, I had gathered all the information I needed and was confident I wasn’t maligning Christina Koo.

We met her at her house and made some clumsy small talk. We were all tiptoeing around the topic, refusing to address it properly. After an awkward five minutes, I started the ball rolling.

Me: “That night you said you weren’t in Singapore, we saw you.”

Christina Koo: “Oh?”

Me: “So?”

Christina Koo: “My work doesn’t allow me to tell you my location. It’s confidential.”

Me: “So you had to lie to your friends?”

Christina Koo: “Ya. Because it’s confidential.”

Me: “So… Your work asked you lie about other things too?

Christina Koo: “What do you mean?”

Me: “Edwin doesn’t exist. Matty isn’t your childhood friend.”

Christina Koo: “I don’t get what do you mean.”

Me: “I talked to them.”

Her eyes widened.

Christina Koo: “What did Matty tell you?”

Me: “Everything. The truth.”

From then on, Christina Koo kept denying that she lied. Her explanation?

“Edwin and Matty exist, but they are not who you think they are.”

At this point, my brain was shouting, "LAN JIAO LA!!!”  but I kept a sophisticated image on the outside and calmly dropped the bomb, "Okay, but Jones doesn’t exist.”

Silence.

When Christina Koo finally opened her mouth, I wish she didn’t because even standing there listening to her voice was a waste of my energy.

Christina Koo: “Yes I lied. But I can’t tell you why I lied because the explanation is even more ridiculous than my lies.

Her victimisation began, “I was very pissed off when you pestered me for the (Hokkaido) flight booking because I was already very stressed out.”

Errr, I was stressed out by her indifference to an upcoming flight ok!!! I was so taken aback by the sheer ridiculousness of her statements, my words got sucked back into my throat and I stood there quietly, speechless, staring at her like a fool.

I had enough. I ended the confrontation with, “You made use of my sympathy. I don’t even know which part of the friendship was real anymore. Ok since you can’t give me a reason, I’ll treat it as our friendship didn’t exist.

Letting you lie to me for so long was an insult to my intelligence, and it was my mistake because I really treated you like a real friend. I’ve never been more disappointed. I got nothing else to add on. Charlene anything? (Charlene shakes head.) XXX anything? (XXX shakes head.) Ok, let’s go.”

Funny how it happened almost two months back, but I remember every word clearly. Every single word that was spoken that night. Cos that’s the magnitude of my hurt.

We turned and left, leaving behind a friendship that evapourated with time.

Koo story, bro

Christina Koo texted Charlene her explanation a few hours after we left.

(Due to the numerous screenshots, I’ll be labelling the conversation accordingly if they weren’t from my phone.)

Christina Koo to Charlene

Christina Koo to Charlene

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

This was what she had to say regarding the phone call she had with Matty. You know how there’s echo or static noises when you’re on the phone? In hindsight, I realised that, despite her room being huge and empty, I didn’t hear anything but her voice.

Oh my gosh, it’s a double lie! First, she lied that she talked to Matty. Then she’s lied that she lied about talking to Matty because someone forced her to. Jeng jeng jeng.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

Annotation: Mookata was when Matty and the group of us were supposed to meet.

Wah newspaper cuttings. KOREAN DRAMA SIOLLLLL. That’s so 2003 Mediacorp drama ok. We have spam mail now. Move on with time, please! A friend also commented, “Does she have the letters now? If she does can she show evidence now? Or does she need time to go cut and do it herself to show us?”

After gathering Christina Koo’s stories, Charlene texted me the next day.


Wah, now it’s MY FAULT she lied. You good. 你好。Li ho (bubble tea).

Her story is terribly built because I have a wide circle of friends who are well-connected (wah I sound annoyingly imperious hahaha. I’m just super lucky my friends have good connections la IT’S NOT ME YO IT’S THEM). If there’s a suicide even remotely near any of my friends, I would know of it immediately.

Plus, as my poly friends correctly pointed out, the people closest to me are mostly girls.






The only thing I’m hurting is Christina Koo’s reputation — if she even had any to begin with.



Eh please ah, I’m a bitch but I’m a bitch with ~class and morals~ ok. I will never drive anyone to suicide, especially when I have lost someone to suicide before. And Christina Koo knows my loss. This wasn’t the first time she used something I told her in secrecy on account of our then-friendship against me. Christina Koo, with her carefully calculated words, pushed me into a relapse in November.

I don’t wish to share such a private story online, but you may DM me if you must know. I’m willing to talk just to prove that unlike Christina Koo, I’m not a liar.

Another incident that stood out was that night my uni clique clubbed together. I brought along my cousins and a secondary school friend, and Christina Koo accused my friend of leading her away to grope her that night.

I know this guy for 6-7 years now. I have clubbed and drank with him before, brought my friends to club with him, and each time he’s nothing but the sweetest. He has always taken good care of us, made sure we got home safely, and gently scolded us when we allowed guys to get too close to us.

I thought it was a misunderstanding between them and didn’t question him.

Much later, after the exposé, I brought that incident up and everyone there said they saw Christina Koo leading my friend away. Even Charlene’s boyfriend who just arrived and hadn’t tasted a sip of alcohol. Of all the lies Christina Koo told, I find that the most distasteful because Christina Koo knows very well that this is a sensitive topic for me. Utterly disgusting.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

Lai liao, Korean drama part 2. Christina Koo’s lies are like weed — you pluck one out, another grows back. It'll never end, and I was freaking sick of it. I told Charlene, “Fine, if someone is threatening me to this extent, I’m going to the police.”

Charlene relayed the message to Christina Koo.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

My favourite part is watching her freak out and threaten me. Darling, I have nothing to hide. You will never hear 100% nice things about me because I never said I was, and never pretended to be, a nice person from the start. But I bear no heinous secret.


Christina Koo told Charlene a sob story of how she’d be sent back to foster care if I made a police report. Please ah, this girl is 23 this year — a full grown adult. Even if she wanted to, foster care wouldn't take her in.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

I actually didn’t ask what she planned to do. I don't know what Christina Koo the idea that I even cared about her life after I walked away from her place that night.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

CK probably assumed I was freaking out because I wanted to lodge a report. Maybe she even thought she struck gold and I was really hiding a dark secret. In reality, it was a calculated move on my end. I figured there are only a few ways she could plot revenge.
  1. Hurt me emotionally — she tried, but I caught on.
  2. Play mind games with me — she’s too slow for me. At the risk of sounding condescending, I must say other than the initial investigation I had to do, she hardly provided a challenge.
  3. Take away what matters most to me (i.e. friends) — my friends stuck by me. Heck, even HER friends believe me.
  4. Not return my money — she only lost any modicum of respect I had left for her. Money can be earned, dignity can’t.

But I know if she wanted to injure me physically, I’d never stand a chance. I made a report, not against her stories, but to protect myself. In the event that she ever hurts me physically, she’ll never get away with it because I already have a record and she’ll be the first person they suspect.

(Christina Koo to Charlene)

“If yt wants to feel safe” — wah cb wanna threaten me now is it TRIGGERING MY INNER AH LIAN SIA.


Look at what she sent me! I wanted to be childish and reply her, “Eh you shut up la you.” But I didn’t reply, because she’s not worth the 15 calories I could’ve burnt by making my fingers dance across my iPhone screen.

Christina Koo to Charlene

Christina Koo to Charlene

“Singapore is not very forgiving” — neither is YT, unfortunately. Anyway, it’s been months and this girl is still in Singapore LOL.

I’m not too sure of the conversation between Christina Koo and Charlene after I lodge my report because I couldn’t be bothered anymore. But thankfully, after Charlene saw how Christina Koo panicked, she started to doubt Christina Koo again. Yes, Charlene bb GET BACK ON THE WINNING TEAM!

Till today, my favourite question to Charlene is, “So how do you feel about subscribing to part two of her lies?” *Reaches my hand out like a mic to let her speak*

I also accidentally video called Christina Koo once on WhatsApp, after the exposé; when I was looking for more evidence of her lies to laugh at FML.

Christina Koo texted me, “Yes you called?” but I ignored it because I saw no point in replying. She freaked out and texted Charlene multiple times, ending her barrage of texts with, “I’ll take it as a threat.”


OI CHRISTINA KOO YOU THINK TOO HIGHLY OF ME LAH I JUST HAVE CLUMSY FINGERS LOL.

Pinocchio exposed

All was well for a bit but Charlene and I were having school holidays and, on days we weren’t working, we were bored out of our wits. We remembered Christina Koo’s obnoxious ex-boyfriend.

 

This was what Christina Koo told us about him. We couldn’t stand him because he was so bloody ridiculous! This was merely one of the many instances.


Her ex-boyfriend’s friends also apparently hit on her a lot and overall, he just sounded like a dodgy guy. (We later found out the aforementioned friend is married to a beautiful wife and they have been nothing but kind to Christina Koo during friend gatherings.)

(Christina Koo’s ex to Charlene)

Charlene added her ex-boyfriend on Facebook, and here we go. More lies.

(Christina Koo’s ex to Charlene)

Wow, her ex that I couldn’t stand was going to Hokkaido with us?!?? If that actually happened, I might have choked myself to death with cherry blossoms or drown myself in Hokkaido milk.

(Christina Koo’s ex to Charlene)

She even lied about minor things like telling us her ex graduated from the same course (he’s not even a comms student). Errr, she scored HD (High Distinction) like once. Tutor us my ass, she was barely passing classes.

(Christina Koo’s ex to Charlene)

Seems like her lies were not limited to just her life. Christina Koo also told her ex I made a guy break up with his girlfriend because I wanted to sleep with him... What the heck.

Here’s another shocker. Christina Koo told us she was a virgin and whenever someone cracks a dirty joke, she’ll be all like, “Huh? I don’t understand.” Her ex revealed to us that they had anal sex. 🙉🔞🤦🏼‍♀️ I don’t judge the act itself, but being a virgin and even your ass not virgin anymore is a completely different deal.

Driven by hurt and anger, I went on a quest for the truth Christina Koo was denying me of — I’ll take whatever I can get. I needed to know why was she doing this, but I didn’t want the words out of her mouth. So I continued digging out her past, and got in touch with a girl she claimed bullied her in secondary school.



Christina Koo to me

The girl apparently threatened to cut Christina Koo’s face, stole her money and clothes while Christina Koo, being the altruistic person she is, helped Supposed Bully with school work. When Christina Koo related the story to me I was just like what the heck?!?! but now I know why they say people who paint too good pictures of themselves are the most dangerous.

When I related the story, Supposed Bully’s reaction was, “WTF???” Fair enough, because that would be my reaction too, if someone contacts me 9 years later to inform me that Christina Koo accused me of cutting her face LOL.

I obviously found Supposed Bully on Facebook and texted her to clarify things.

Supposed Bully to me

Christina Koo’s story to us was her dad is the understanding one, and her mom was the abusive one, explaining her mom’s outburst when she was supposedly on her work trip.

Supposed Bully to me

I thought someone made her lie to me so that she can reunite with her older brother? But in secondary school, her older brother passed away leh??? Reunite = find him in heaven?????

Supposed Bully to me

Supposed Bully to me

Supposed Bully to me

Hahahahahhahahahaha......

Supposed Bully and I really hit off LOL. We talked till 4am and decided on an impromptu lunch together since we stay in the proximity of each other! HAHAHAHAHA. Super strange friendship but I LOVE IT!

Supposed Bully to me

Apparently, Christina Koo has been pulling the same stunts since secondary school.

Christina Koo once showed Charlene and I a few paintings around her house, and told us she painted it. But she supposedly has some nerve problems caused by a childhood trauma that causes her hand to tremble all the time. So how can she paint such delicate paintings?



By the way, Christina Koo also attended her brother’s cousin’s wedding although her brother was supposedly dead/missing. Christina Koo who, like me, IG-stories everything, didn’t take a single photo at the wedding.

merry CHRIStmas!

On Christmas/Christmas Eve, Christina Koo sent this to someone she dated 👇🏻


This message was what triggered me to expose her on a public platform. Time and again, she used my name when I did nothing to provoke her.


Waaaaah Christina Koo so magnanimous!!!! Should I kneel down and thank her for the forgiveness she bestowed upon me????? She doesn’t "see a need to explain" because she knows SHE CAN’T EXPLAIN ANYTHING. Don’t act innocent, please! ✋🏻 She dated this guy WHILE she was still together with her ex. Thought we’d never find out but hey, nothing escapes me.

I am also very at peace with myself after this blog post because everyone can finally judge for themselves instead of listening to only one side of the story (whether it’s from me or her). If she would, I’d like to remind her that hell hath no fury like a YT scorned. :)

By the way, she talked about switching majors way before this exposé so I don’t know why is she acting like I forced her to drop out of school. Don’t blame your inability to commit to anything but lying on me.

Somewhere between our first semester, she already told us she wanted to quit comms for a biomedical science degree to pursue her dreams of being a doctor. Since my BFF is in NUS Yong Loo Lin — and works about 1000x harder than Christina Koo — I warned Christina Koo that it’s not as glamorous as television shows portray it to be. If Christina Koo is struggling to pass in comms, what are her chances of surviving med school?

But she insisted. According to Christina Koo, she has been reading Science books since she was 8. Thus, she had all the knowledge and just needed that degree to practice medicine.


(This conversation happened after we stopped being friends with Christina Koo. I would’ve kept my nasty opinion to myself otherwise.)

Um, if Christina Koo had all the medical knowledge, how does she explain👇🏻




Errr, what kind of honourable med school student would impart that knowledge? Her med school friend from where??? Sweden, Norway, Melbourne or HER IMAGINATION??


Your future doctor, everyone.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two


(She apparently bought a cake for Matty’s parents and told them I bought it. At that point, I thought wah this girl so nice and kind. Now I’m just like, wah this girl so greedy sia eat my cake. EVERYONE KNOWS I LOVE CAKE OK)

Evidence of me being petty and salty af. Honestly, I didn’t expect Christina Koo to return the money. $30 is an insignificant amount; taking on one more project easily brings me that amount of money. I admit, I just wanted to be petty anyway FOR THE SAKE OF BEING. I wanted to see how low she could go. Sorry I’m childish, but being betrayed like that brings your anger to an irrational level.

 

(Because she has a habit of not turning up for appointments.)


ENJOY THE CAKE, FAKE MATTY’S PARENTS!!! 😀

By the way, this isn’t the only time she took from me. I gave Christina Koo a lot of makeup because I felt bad for her and I knew how hard it was to struggle with money.

Here’s my favourite story.

Once, Christina Koo asked me to lend her +/- $100. Although I was already struggling with paying school fees, I transferred her the amount without second questioning. I figured if she asked me, she needed it urgently. Later, I learned that her adoptive mom threw her and her dad out of the house, and they had to take refuge at Matty’s place. (But remember that Christina Koo told her Supposed Bully in secondary school that her father is the abusive one?)

A couple of months went by, and I was severely behind my credit card bills. I needed $700 to pay the full bill but was only left with a single digit number in my bank. Everyone who talked to me then knew how hard up I was. With assignment deadlines looming ahead and the pressure to secure a second scholarship, it was a stressful period. Christina Koo didn’t volunteer to return the money she owed me.

Her reasoning was — she said, and I quote — “You’re $700 behind. My $100+ won’t help anyway.”

A friend indeed.

Let’s not forget how her irresponsibility hurt our names in the industry.

My clique of 5 took on a pro-bono PR project, with Christina Koo spearheading the team and she was the correspondent. Each time I asked her for updates, she told me that the organisation hadn’t gotten back to us. When the organisation sent us emails, questioning us about the lack of replies, Christina Koo said she has already replied. I reminded her to cc all of us in the email next time. And I reminded her multiple times, because each time she replied, she forgot to cc us.

Guess what?

Well, you already know. SHE DIDN’T SEND OUT ANY EMAILS. 🤥 We only found out after our lecturer approached us and the management called another friend. Your future doctor again, everyone.

I digressed.

A few days after the cake conversation, word got back to Christina Koo that we’ve been digging around, possibly because she found out her ex blocked her on Facebook.

Christina Koo had an argument with Charlene in the morning, before forwarding their entire conversation to me, the omnipresent internet police.

(Green bubbles: Christina Koo
White bubbles: Charlene)

Charlene to Christina Koo
Commentary: Oi diam diam la she lied from 2008 till 2017. Even after we step into 2018 she’ll still be lying la. Guilty conscience really causes one to panic ya?? WHAT CAN I DO TO HER COLOURPOP????? SIAO LMAOOO.

By the way, “Hello Charlene.” is a running gag within my group of friends now HAHAHAHA.

Charlene asks to go prawning?
Hello Charlene. Whatever I did, you have no rights to cross the line and guilt trip me into prawning during submission week.

Charlene doesn’t listen in class?
Hello Charlene. Whatever the lecturer did, you have no rights to cross the line and play games in class.

I (jokingly) called Charlene a pussy over Hokkaido?
Hello YT. Whatever countries you travelled to, you have no rights to call Charlene a pussy.

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Commentary: See, if I keep my mouth shut, she’ll keep using my name. Gotta admit it was rather amusing though :D I believe the human brain is like a muscle that needs to be exercised once in a while. Thank you Christina Koo, for giving my brain a good workout during my one month holiday.

Charlene to Christina Koo

Commentary: If you want to play with fire, then prepare to get burnt. Otherwise, don’t go near matchsticks.

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Commentary: Explains what she heard... from her imaginary friends!!! :D

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Charlene to Christina Koo

Commentary:


Why are you so obsessed with me, Christina Koo? Why do you want to drag my name into everything — your lies, your pseudo-explanation, and now this?

Charlene to Christina Koo

Commentary: Charlene :((((

Charlene is one of the nicest friends I have ok. When I was upset and terrified for my safety because Christina Koo knows where I stay, she sent me an essay-length text at 7am to calm my nerves. It’s not a one-time incident either — each time I’m upset, Charlene takes the effort to type me pages of texts to make sure I’m okay.

I vividly recall the night of 8 October 2017. I had too much a drink in my friend’s room over an unhealed wound. Despite knowing I’d bleed to death if the wound gets reopened, I continuously picked on the scabs. After my friend left hall, I burst into tears. It was an inconsolable scream-cry. The kind of ugly crying whereby my mouth was permanently scrawled and I was gulping for air.

We only knew each other for a month back then but Charlene spent almost an hour on the phone with me, helplessly listening to me weep about someone she has never met. She never once laughed at me or found me bothersome. She didn’t even tell anyone because she didn’t want recognition; she did this for a friend.

I’m sharing this personal story because I want everyone to know what kind of friend Charlene is. It’s disgusting that Christina Koo would make use of someone as kind as Charlene. Christina Koo, on the other hand, used the deep, dark secrets a mutual friend told her as a piece of gossip.

It says a lot about you when you can’t even keep ONE secret.

 

Commentary: Put her name on the cross? Her name is worth nothing. Don’t dirty the cross. If this is Christina Koo’s definition of friendship and love, NO THANK YOU.

If you’re questioning why Christina Koo forwarded her conversation with Charlene to me, 👇🏻


This was what Christina Koo sent me shortly after she ended her conversation with Charlene.


 

When Christina Koo realised I followed through on my threat, she texted Charlene ahahahahaha.

 

Lmaoooo @ the perfect blend of sass and salt I was filled with. Salinity level: higher than the Dead Sea

I was so insulted by the fact that she thinks she can lie to me, maligned me, and get away with it that I crafted a message so long, telegram cut it into two HAHAHHAA.








I posted the message on my IG story highlights — there was no context back then but now y’all know what happened.

I love it leh. I love it when people challenge my wits because they deduce from my looks that I’m a bimbo. Excuse yOU, I DAMN BIMBO BUT I’m an educated bimbo ok!

You’d think after getting scolded like that, she’d stop her nonsense. NOPEEEEEE.


I received the above message from Christina Koo two days later; didn’t bother replying. In fact, this is the first time I’m actually reading the message — only because I wanted to see if there’s any name I should censor.

Anyway, her words are worth nothing. And what she does in 2018 is none of my business. Well, my innate love for drama is actually hoping she’ll continue lying so I can see how ridiculous her lies can get. 😀😀

Being in the media industry is tough. You constantly need ideas for some potentially award-winning script ideas. Not that I’m actually doing scripting or anything remotely similar but always good to KIV, yes?


The things she tried to do for me like introducing an imaginary guy to mend my heartbreak. Yes. Definitely.

Word also got to me that Christina Koo contacted a classmate, wanting to meet up with the condition that they both keep their phones on the table in case the aforementioned classmate is recording their conversation. She thinks everyone is as scheming as her.

The most laughable part of this? Christina Koo thinks she’s as smart as me. (Ok la self-praise is no praise but I think I’m ~relatively~ smart compared to Christina Koo ya.) Word of advice from the self-aware psycho: It’s not called thinking ahead if you didn’t realise that recordings made without permission can never be used in court as evidence. Try harder next time.

It’s hilarious to see how much she panics while trying to protect whatever dignity she can save for herself. But all her words keep coming back to me, which shows exactly the difference in the level of trust people place in each of us. Truth always prevails.


Payback


(Eh look at the date it was MY BIRTHDAY ok had to waste 10 minutes of it on her kns.)

I got my friends who specialised in bank loans and law students to get through my contract. Tip: being two steps ahead means you cover your ass at every angle possible.

So the contract three of us signed was that
  1. Christina Koo pays Charlene on every 15th of the month for six months
  2. If she doesn’t make the payment, we can contact her next-of-kin
Christina Koo and Charlene signed the agreement with me as a witness, and that was that.

After we signed the contract, things were silent for a bit. Christina Koo made the first payment to Charlene on 16th Jan, 12:02am. That girl was damn lucky I was busy then, or I would’ve kicked up a fuss at 12am on the dot.


A few days ago, Christina Koo sent this to Charlene. When Christina Koo transferred the money last month, she promptly sent the screenshot to me. When she couldn’t make the payment this month, she texted Charlene. 🤔 I’m pretty sure Christina Koo only texted Charlene because Charlene is the nicer one of us two.


Being the kaypo and overly protective friend that I am, I obviously had to take control of the situation. Besides, Charlene was sick of talking to Christina Koo. Unfortunately for Christina Koo, I’m a stone cold, hard-hearted bitch.


The online exposé

 

When Christina Koo learned that I intended to go public with the exposé and have, in fact, posted most screenshots on my social media platforms, she sent this to Charlene, then forwarded the screenshot to me.

Hello Christina Koo. Whatever I did (or didn’t do to you in this case), you had no rights to treat us like fools. I told you to not push my limits. Now you know you messed with the wrong person.

If you still want to host you pity party, where you can play victim be my guest, go ahead. You keep talking about taking action, but you’re the queen of victimisation. You would’ve “taken action” long ago if you could.

You’re laying low because there’s no action you can take. You can’t even threaten to sue me for defamation because I can prove the truth of every part of the statements I made and every injurious imputation.

 

But if you want to fight, I’m damn ready. So are the people from your past. You yourself know how much you slandered them the last ten years.



Two steps ahead ;)

Shout out to my friend, Lydia, for linking me up with her policeman friend who listened to this entire drama on a Friday night HAHAHAHAHA FHL.

In trying to figure out Christina Koo's obsession with Matty, I found out that Christina Koo and Matty dated for two weeks in 2008. Biggest mistake of his life — two weeks in exchange for ten years' worth of harassment. LOL.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Remember, it's not true love unless you stalk him for a decade.

Ending the whole saga off with a post that has been sitting in my drafts for some time. If you follow me on Instagram, you would've seen snippets of it on my IG story.

***

Effective from today, I have nothing to do with Christina Koo Min Yue.

I do not wish to be associated with someone who would trade my loyalty for deceit, take my kindness as weakness, and use my trust to betray. I am in no way affiliated to her and I will not testify for anything she claimed using my name.

I thought about what I want from this. How it could look like I’m defensive because I’m guilty of whatever concoction she’s currently disseminating. How it might potentially reflect badly on me when someone reads this post. Name and shame should’ve been something left behind in primary school, but so should betrayal at such an ineffable level.

After weeks of consideration, I have decided that, albeit childish to the eyes of some, it is absolutely necessary to air my dirty laundry in public. I cannot, and will not, tolerate any forms of damage to my reputation.

She proved to us — everyone she came into contact with including close friends, ex-boyfriends, mere acquaintances — time and again that her lies are limitless. I cannot trust her to not spread falsehoods about me as she has done to many, many other people. Even those closest to her. It pains me to throw such accusatory words at a dear old friend, but she is incapable of any forms of truth.

-

With little to no money, my mom raised me up to have strong moral principals — values I still hold close to my heart today. My mom taught me loyalty; how I should always stand up for what’s right. She taught me to be kind, even when I find it hard to be.

My mom taught me to return hatred with love. Love everyone and everything for there's too much evil in this world. Forgive those who do you wrong, move on from the hurt because you're only inflicting pain upon yourself by holding on. “You can’t fight fire with fire; you can’t drive out hate with hate,” she reasoned.

I tried, and still try, to live by that. But if you ever think that I’m only peaceful because I don’t know how to be violent, you can’t be more wrong. I’m no pushover, and the past few months should have taught you that. Shame you still chose to learn it the hard way.

It’s easy to point fingers or hate, but I won’t do any of that — not because I’m the bigger person, but because you’re simply no longer worth my effort. I don't want to hear your tearful apologies or pseudo explanation. I don’t hate you, I simply lost all respect I had for you. The last pathetic excuse of a justification you attempted only showed me how low you’re willing to go to cover up your lies. I’m beyond disgusted.

You invaded my privacy, my friends’ privacy, and possibly my family’s. Your cock and bull story caused us, the people you claimed to be your friends, money. Cold, hard cash that you knew we needed. You left me with anxiety attacks. Fights. Tears. Relapses. Sleepless nights, even after consuming sleeping pills. And I did not even bear the brunt of it. I’m afraid to imagine the amount of torture and stress you put the real victim of your fairytale through.

You were jolly well aware that your fibs would escalate — it’s not your first time — but you chose to continue your fabrications. That’s the toughest, most heartbreaking part of your perfidy. That you chose to deceive us. Time after time. That you continuously fed us lies and prevarications, even as I gave you a way out. The hurt is magnified a hundred times because the Judas kiss was given by a confidante, someone I honestly cared about.

To be betrayed at this level... I am literally rendered speechless. I have seriously never been more disappointed. You, of everyone in the world, know how much I value friendship, and how I treasured our friendship.

What did you take it as? A charity show for you to make use of our outpouring sympathy? Or a circus for you, the ringleader, to lead us around in circles? Just like how I can never take back every hurtful word and harmful action I ever hurled on your behalf, you can never return the time I wasted on you.

I was thankful — filled with gratitude even — you were there in times of adversity. I blindly lapped up all your lies without second-questioning. Just imagine my surprise when I found out all the chaos and confusion I endured originated from you.

I spent almost four months of my life living in a web of lies orchestrated by you. I never doubted you, because I saw you as a friend. I’m sorry I let you insult my intelligence for so long. You played me out darling, you really did. It’s disgusting how you used my kindness against me while accusing me of being filled with too much hatred towards the world. I am cynical EXACTLY because nothing nice comes out of benevolence.

I won’t pretend to be altruistic and magnanimous. Of course I expected something out of all the love I poured out to you. But I only expected you to be my friend. I expected you to be a friend to me as I have been to you. You didn’t need to impress me. You didn’t need to exaggerate an ounce of the truth. I was happy to be your friend, without reaping whatever benefits you imagined I wanted from you.

But it slipped my mind that sometimes it’s the people closest to you who’ll stab you in the back, over and over.

I am a sentimental person. I remember everything — the good and bad. I always remained thankful; I always took everyone who entered and left as a lesson learnt. Regret is a strong word that I have, in 21 years of my life, yet to use on anyone no matter how much they wronged me. But I regret agreeing to your shams, I regret opening up to you, and I regret letting you into my life. Never in my life have I ever been so eager to cut off ties, leaving no room for reminiscence.

I do not want to ever catch wind of you involving me in your deceit or using my photos and name without my permission. I am no pushover and I will not hesitate to sue you for defamation — libel and/or slander — if ever necessary.


害人之心不可有,防人之心不可無。
Do no harm, take no shit.


Since Christina Koo takes pride in her Christian roots, I thought I should gift her a bible verse. I never tried arguing, because I know the truth will prevail.

I have a barrage of people willing to affirm and attest to my character. I trust that people who crossed paths with me will believe in the morals I always uphold and not buy her fabrications. But to people who don’t know me personally, you may drop me a DM on Instagram. I’m more than happy to clarify any doubts.

***

Edited 19 March 2017: I previously censored Christina Koo's name, giving her the nickname of CK, but since she shunned the payment, thus breaking the contract, I see no point in covering up for her anymore. She also goes by Christina Kilyson Koo.

Any further updates on her lies will be on here (click).

You Might Also Like

4 comments