Althea Bare Essentials Review

March 28, 2018

Althea has been my go-to platform since I started on skincare so I was naturally excited when they launched their own skincare line, Bare Essentials. It seems that everyone else was as excited as me about the launch, with 10 000 people on Bare Essentials' waitlist!


Althea kindly sent me the whole Bare Essentials skincare set for a review after its launch.

If you don't know, I quit drinking this year and adapted the 7-step skincare routine in an attempt to improve my skin's condition. My skin grew sensitive over the years (ageing sucks!), and now I can only use natural products or I'll experience painful breakouts.

Here's how my skincare routine looks like.

Morning:
  • Toner
  • Essence
  • Serum
  • Lotion / Cream
  • Sunscreen

Night:
  • Make up removal
  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Mask
  • Essence
  • Ampoule
  • Moisturiser

While the routine works well for me, it's exhausting and time-consuming. As someone who frequently travels, the 7-step routine is not a variable option either — I don't want my luggage to be filled with skincare products. Althea recognised our tendencies to multi-task and their products were specially created to target this problem!


Cutting your skincare routine to 3 products and 3 steps


First step, cleanse. Althea's Bare Essentials Contour Cleanser ($8) contains ice plant to sooth and lemon murtle extracts to detox your face. The product also has micro capsules to gentle cleanse and exfoliate your skin. I like how gentle Althea's Contour Cleanser is, compared to other exfoliators I used in the market.


Check out how dense the Contour Cleanser is! One small pump is definitely enough for your whole face. The "contour" bit refers to the product helping with blood circulation and reduces bloating, giving you the V-shaped face.

However, using this product twice a day for a week broke my skin out badly so I recommend people with sensitive skin to use it at most twice a week, like a normal scrub.

Can we just take a minute to admire Althea's minimalist packaging?!

Althea's Bare Essentials Primer Water ($14) hydrates your skin and doubles up as, predictably, a primer. I currently use the Primer Water in the morning, before I put on any make up.


What makes the Primer Water special is that it contains patented dewdrop technology, which allows hydration to fill the gaps between your pores.


Althea's Bare Essentials Fixer Cream ($17) is a quick-absorbing cream that contains Trehalose, an ingredient found in the cactus plant to prevent moisture loss.


Because the Fixer Cream is so thick, I actually experienced a small break out on my face the day after. I recommend people with oily face like me to use the product only once in the morning as it's very nourishing.

***


For a limited time only, Althea is giving 10% off if you purchase a set of Bare Essentials products PLUS a free special edition mirror! Shop now on Althea :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments