Words

July 14, 2014


I shoot my mouth off a lot and I hurt the people around me. I don't mean it, and sometimes I don't even realise it. I can be so blur and so oblivious to my surroundings that I can't even believe myself. And when I finally see it, it's already too late.

I think what I fail to understand is that I have a blog to say whatever the hell I want but I have to be responsible for my words and actions. I'm a media student yet I neglect that a lot. From young, my mom has always taught me that words can break someone and I should never throw my words around carelessly. Somehow, after all these years, I haven't learn.

Maybe it's true that the only way you learn is by falling and experiencing the pain yourself. Just this week alone showed me that no matter how little I think my voice is, it affects people all the same. That my writings have the power to change my life. That whatever I post can come back and haunt me.

It's the same online as it is offline - I can't take back what I've said. Once the words leave my mouth, they leave forever.

You Might Also Like

0 comments