Project work in Poly

September 27, 2014


You can watch out for me and give me advice if you have the experience but what I can't fucking stand is self-righteous people telling me what should I do or not do, judging and condemning my every action as if they are God. I am so tired of judgmental pricks telling me I shouldn't say this and that about a person just because s/he is my friend and it's just project work. JUST?!?!?!

If you are not in Mass Comm, you probably won't understand why is having good teammates so important. And if you aren't in my team for any module, I don't think you have a right to judge the way I act towards someone. Basically, you can shut the fuck up :)

You hear us complaining even when there's only 2 exams in a semester because projects probably take up to 80% of our grades. That's why choosing good group mates is so important. If you are a horrible teammate, word spreads around quickly and nobody wants to work with you.

I can't say so for the first semester because I was a blur cock adapting to poly life, but if you ever worked with me after that, you'd know that I am a no-nonsense person when it comes to work. I may chit-chat a lot, get distracted easily and be blur at times but when I need to do something, I make sure I do it right, get it over and done with and that it is of quality work.

I do my part and I expect everyone to do the same. I appear for group meetings and I expect everyone to appear too. Unless you have a good reason, I don't see why can't you put in the same effort as the rest. Ugh, god knows that I have no patience towards people who can't get their shit together.

Of course, good teammates are always great but just because I loved working with someone doesn't necessarily mean we'll be great buddies. It may just mean that s/he is great at doing stuff but we are just two different people with no similar topics outside of school work.

The same way I don't necessarily think you are a good teammate just because you are a good friend. Yes, surprise! What poly taught me is that a good friend can be a bad teammate and vice-versa. 

I really can't stand freeloaders. They leech off your hard work or even worse, screw up your entire project. And I can't fucking stand that. You can be my listening ear 24/7/365 but I will still get angry at you if you don't do any work. They are two different issues and will be handled separately.

Just because I can separate work and personal issues doesn't make me a hypocrite.

You Might Also Like

0 comments