Next step in life: 2017

January 04, 2017

If there's one word to describe the past two months I've been somewhat absent, it'd be turbulent. A massive amount of people entering and leaving my life, leaving me in a constant state of bewilderment. I pushed people away because I couldn't be sure of their motive for getting close. Even though it's tiring, I'd rather build walls is better than tasting betrayal from someone you actually cared about.

I hate that because I trusted the wrong people, my private life became a piece of gossip to people who aren't even my friends. How can I ever deal with this disappointment imprinted on me by someone I loved? I can't, which is why I'm nothing short of overjoyed that I'm leaving all negativity behind in approximately 24 hours.

2016 has been a year filled with travels for me. Gold Coast, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and many different parts of Malaysia. Each time I thought I was going to stay rooted for good, I received pieces of good news that set me off packing again. 2017 will be no different as I prepare for my first official solo travel to Taiwan and Japan. Couchsurfing, road trips, hostel hopping, and many more unplanned adventures — surprises that will hit me when I'm on the road.

I don't know what the future holds, but one thing's for sure: travelling will remain a constant in my life, more so when I have the cash to do so.


I'm lost and confused, but I'm excited.

You Might Also Like

0 comments