AEON Mall Kyoto and The Cube Shopping Mall | Japan Solo Travel 2017

March 30, 2017


It started raining again shortly after, and I wasn't in the mood to sightsee in the rain so I took a five-minute walk to a nearby mall, AEON Mall KYOTO, to buy some earrings.



AEON Mall KYOTO

Address
1 Nishikujo Toriiguchicho, Minami Ward, 京都市南区 Kyoto Prefecture 601-8417, Japan

Opening Hours
10am to 9pm daily


It was the weekends so AEON Mall KYOTO was littered with families and kids.




Although AEON Mall KYOTO has several outlet shops, AEON Mall KYOTO wasn't particularly cheap and I only managed to get a sweater from Uniqlo kids at a discount that I thought I could wear to Hakone since it was sub-zero degree celcius when I checked.




Most shops in Japan that caters to tourists have English menus available

My stomach started growling shortly after and I began hunting for ramen. Ramen has always been my comfort food and I needed to feel a little more at home — ironic, because ramen is Japanese food but c'est la vie.

I wanted to eat ramen at Kyoto Ramen Street (Kyoto Ramen Koji), located inside Kyoto Station Building. But I got lost and wandered into Porta Dining, also located near Kyoto Station, instead. Nonetheless, there were lots of shops and I was spoilt by choice. A quick Google search didn't show any 'must-try ramen' in Porta Dining and the shops look similar to each other so I went into a random shop.


The ramen from Kyoazuki isn't anything to rave about to be honest. The ramen was priced at SGD $10, as with most ramen in Singapore and almost every meal I had in Japan.



Kyoazuki, Porta Dining

Address
901 Higashishiokojicho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture

Opening Hours
Opens daily from 11am to 10pm (last order at 9:30pm)


I was wearing the slippers I bought in Shilin Night Market and my toes were freezing in the cold, so I had to buy some socks from The Cube Shopping Mall, located at Kyoto Station.

Also bought some souvenirs from the souvenir shop in The Cube Shopping Mall, where I had a hard time explaining that I was looking for a magnet. "Magnet? 磁铁? *magnet hand gestures* English? Chinese?" Thank god someone knew Chinese and translated things for me. In hindsight, I should have tried typing what I need into Google translate.

-

Japan Solo Travel (January 2017)





Tokyo Summary and Getting Around Tokyo | Tokyo Imano Hostel Review | Tokyo Pokemon Centre & Shibuya Crossing Tokyo Lockers and Shinjuku Gyoen Garden | Tokyo Harajuku (Shopping, Food, Daiso) | Tokyo bills Omotesando (Tokyu Plaza)

Hakone One Day Itinerary | Hakone Tozan Railway and Cable Car | Seeing Mt Fuji at Owakudani | Hakone Ropeway and Sightseeing Cruise | Trekking to see Hakone Shrine and Mt Fuji

9 Hours Narita Capsule Hotel Review | Tokyo Narita Airport

You Might Also Like

0 comments