Tokyo Narita Airport to Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

September 03, 2017


Morning, Narita! I stayed at 9 Hours Capsule Hotel in Narita Airport Terminal 2 because I had to catch an early morning flight to Taipei for work. Early morning flights will be the death of me and till today, I try to avoid morning flights as much as I can. I woke up at 5am to take a hot shower before checking out and heading to Narita Airport Terminal 3 for my 9am flight.

It was 2°C in Narita, but I decided to dress lightly because I expected Taipei to be ~20°C


Had to take a shuttle bus to Narita Airport's terminal 3 and people were giving me incredulous stares because of the way I was dressed — long sleeve top and jeans when everyone else was in several layers of huge coats.



Took Vanilla Air to Taoyuan International Airport and true to Japan's culture, everything's adorable!

Interesting snacks sold at Narita Airport that make good last minute gifts







Took this photo because it reminded me of a conversation between my Taiwanese colleague and me.

"What's your name?"
"Lawson"
"How do you spell it?"
"L A W S O N"
"Umm..." (I couldn't understand his Taiwanese accent)
"You know the convenience store in Japan?"
"OH! Lawson!"





By then, I only had and could only afford the cheapest drink that I could recognise — the malt drink that costs ¥138. Happily, I picked it off Lawson's shelf and joined the snaking queue for a good 15 minutes to make payment. I recoiled in horror when the cashier scanned my bottle of drinks. Damn, I forgot the prices shown in Japan are usually before taxes! After taxes, my drink added up to ¥149 and I only had... Jeng jeng jeng, ¥148.


I looked around helplessly before whipping out my MasterCard and bashfully whispered, "Master?" Fortunately, they accepted cards even for my miserable purchase of just one drink. Unfortunately, I did not get to clear my yen.

When they say Japan has everything...



Goodbye, Japan. May we meet again in the near future.



Hello again, Taoyuan International Airport.



After collecting my luggage, I walked to the basement of Taoyuan International Airport arrival hall to grab some snacks from Hi-Life while waiting for my colleagues to arrive. It was a rainy day in Taipei, way colder than expected, but a new adventure awaited.

-

Japan Solo Travel (January 2017)






Tokyo Summary and Getting Around Tokyo | Tokyo Imano Hostel Review | Tokyo Pokemon Centre & Shibuya Crossing | Tokyo Lockers and Shinjuku Gyoen Garden | Tokyo Harajuku (Shopping, Food, Daiso) | Tokyo bills Omotesando (Tokyu Plaza)

Hakone One Day Itinerary | Hakone Tozan Railway and Cable Car | Seeing Mt Fuji at Owakudani | Hakone Ropeway and Sightseeing Cruise | Trekking to see Hakone Shrine and Mt Fuji

9 Hours Narita Capsule Hotel Review | Tokyo Narita Airport

You Might Also Like

0 comments