Capital Café and ferry from Hong Kong to Macau (Hong Kong Day 4.1)

July 17, 2018


Good morning, Hong Kong! The weather dipped to 11°C that day and we began contemplating our decision to head out to Macau IN OUR DRESSES. Summer dresses. We ended up braving the strong winds so we could #doitforthegram.



What I wore VS what normal people wore. Also, I hung my Octopus card on me. There's honestly no better way to scream "I'm a tourist!!!"




We alighted at Wan Chai MTR and walked ten minutes to Capital Café 華星冰室, which is known for their scrambled eggs, macaroni with ham, and toast — typical breakfast food. Capital Café 華星冰室 is said to be like Australian Dairy Company, a famous traditional cha chaan teng in Hong Kong, but with better service.



Back in 2016, I was super into vlogging so I somehow didn't take ANY photo of the breakfast we had O.O You can see check out our breakfast from 0:28 onwards. We ordered the truffles scrambled eggs toast and macaroni and ham to share. I loved it! It was the perfect comfort food in the cold.

Capital Café 華星冰室

Address: Shop B1, G/F, Kwong Sang Hong Building, 6 Heard Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 7am – 11:00pm


Walked into a random shop to get some cute t-shirts — I used to be into cutesy graphic tees! Now I'm a bit too old for that...


Then I walked into another random shop to purchase a coat because the cold was deafeating me.


Bought a cup of Starbucks to warm my face and hands, and we're ready for Macau! It's about an hour's ferry ride from Hong Kong to Macau; we got our ferry tickets onsite but I'd suggest buying tickets via online travel agents so you save time queuing as the queues can get pretty crazy.


Four years, and still freezing. This was before I learned the art of layering :')




Our ferry ride to Macau was slightly bumpy due to the wet weather but nothing unmanagable. If you're prone to seasickness though, I'd recommend popping some motion sickness pills before the ferry ride.






You Might Also Like

0 comments