Macau to Hong Kong, Argyle Centre and Egglet (Hong Kong Day 4.3)

July 20, 2018


We travelled from Macau back to Hong Kong at about 4pm, before sunset as we wanted to make a trip to The Peak. Similarly, we got our Macau to Hong Kong ferry tickets off-the-counter but if you don't speak Cantonese or if you prefer skipping the queue, I highly encourage you to buy your ferry tickets online.

It was raining cats and dogs on our way back; people were puking loudly from seasickness every second! It was insanely gross as the choking smell of bile sneaked into our noses. We were close to puking ourselves but fortunately, we made it out after one hour.


Unfortunately, when we reached Central Station, the nearest MTR to The Peak, the rain got even worse and we were trembling from the cold. The downpour meant hazy weather, and we reasoned that we weren't going to see much anyway so we decided to forgo our plans.


I obviously had to get a cup of expensive hand-warmer before we left. I can't believe how obssessed I used to be with Starbucks!


Walked into Argyle Centre in search of warmth and we chance upon this cute shop selling unique banquets. The thing I hate most about flowers is that they die, and these banquets won't! They're perfect for Valentine's day or graduation.

Argyle Centre

Address: 688 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok, Kowloon
Opening Hours: 12:30pm to late night
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok Station (Exit D2)


Of course, I dragged Chelsea to my favourite egglet place again because she could at least understand basic Cantonese. I wasn't confident enough to order anything myself because I couldn't (still can't) speak Cantonese. We were both so helpless at ordering food that the stallkeeper asked where were we from LOL. Then Chelsea heard the two of them commenting that we were cute LOLOLOL not I say one ah!!

恒發雞蛋仔

Address: 29 Nullah Road, Mongkok
Opening hours: 8am to 10pm


We brought the egglet back to our hotel, Le Prabelle, as I needed to pack my luggage since I was returning back to Singapore the next day. And I, obviously, had my belongings strewn all over the floor.



It was the end of our grad trip, but somehow, between the silly adventures we have in Hong Kong and Macau, we knew this wasn't going to be the end of our friendship. True enough, we stayed close friends till today. That year, I truly understood why travelling makes or breaks your friendship after experiencing both ends of the spectrum.

You Might Also Like

2 comments