SQ Flight from Hong Kong to Singapore (Hong Kong Day 5)

July 25, 2018




Woke up bright and early because it was time to check out of Le Prabelle Hotel. My flight was in the afternoon, which meant I had to leave Hong Kong city by 12pm. I walked to Nullah Road to get my last serving of 恒發雞蛋仔 egglet before leaving Hong Kong; alas, they were not opened that morning! I left Hong Kong disheartened, vowing that I will come back one day for their egglets :(







Do you think the floor is clean enough for me to place my backpack?


Took some photos nearby though, since I was already dressed up.


My morning passed by uneventfully. After checking out, I took the MTR to Hong Kong International Airport. Despite needing to change lines a few times, MTR's pretty straightforward and foolproof.

At the airport, I ran into my first problem. Because I purchased the flight tickets with my ex (elaboration of flight drama here), the ground staff did not allow me to check in alone. That didn't make sense to me because I was allowed to fly to Hong Kong even without him. Not understanding or speaking Cantonese meant that I couldn't even explain myself properly! I was close to calling my ex-colleagues for help (I previously interned at SIA). Luckily, after lengthy discussions and a few calls, the ground staff finally allowed me to check in.


After checking in, I bought a toasty waffles paired with marshmellows and strawberry drizzle at McDonald's to use up my Hong Kong dollars. Yum. Because I was early, I took a short stroll around Hong Kong International Airport, one of the top airports in the world. Then I almost missed my flight. Don't ask me how that happened, but I somehow overlooked my boarding time and made it only for the last call wth.


Homebound on Singapore Airlines' SG50 A380 aircraft! I sat on the upper deck of A380 aircraft and had a whole row to myself wheee. I tried to look on the bright side instead of focusing on the money wasted — I snuck a fruitful nap before landing in Singapore.



As usual, I played Family Guy, one of the few TV shows I watch, on the inflight entertainment system.












You Might Also Like

0 comments