Harbour City, The One, Caterking Dim Sum (Hong Kong Day 3.4)

July 10, 2018

I walked back to Le Prabelle Hotel from Mongkok to find Chelsea, who was resting because she fell sick. Along the way, I stumbled upon an egglet shop. I was obssessed with egglets back then so I obviously had to get one! Despite not speaking a word of Cantonese, I managed to order a plain egglet with my broken Chinese and by pointing to the menu. The shopkeeper had to wave me over to collect my order because I couldn't even understand numbers :')

No regrets though, I had the tastiest egglet there! I supposed it's a famous store because it had newspaper cuttings and videos of it being on the news plastered all over the store.


恒發雞蛋仔

Address: 29 Nullah Road, Mongkok
Opening hours: 8am to 10pm




Walked back to Mongkok MTR to head to Habour City.








Obviously, us being girls, we had to turn in to a quiet alley we found for some Instagram photo ops.


We couldn't afford anything from Habour City as the mall carried higher brand products but the viewing platform was super instaworthy! A pity it was too hazy that night.

Habour City Hong Kong

Address: 3-27 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm
Nearest MTR: Tsim Sha Tsui station - Exit A1









After realising how poor we were because we could afford absolutely nothing in Habour City, we decided to look for a dim sum place for dinner. What's a trip to Hong Kong if you don't indulge in dim sum, am I right?




The plan was to head to Dim Sum Icon, located in The One shopping center. Dim Sum Icon is home to the world's first Gudetama dim sum restaurant but they were having Little Twin Stars as their special menu that time. Faced with dejection and an empty stomach, we decided to quickly google for another nearby dim sum place.

Still inserting the address of Dim Sum Icon in case y'all are interested!

Dim Sum Icon

Address: Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, Nathan Rd, No.100 L308
Opening Hours: 11am to 11pm


And that's how we ended in Caterking Dim Sim, nestled in a quiet street along Tsim Sha Tsui.

Caterking Dim Sum

Address: 3 Hau Fook St, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 12pm to 2am from Monday to Saturday | 12pm to 12am on Sunday


We had the usual dim sum affairs — har gao, siew mai, carrot cake etc. They highly recommended their Perigord Truffle and Scramble Egg White Dumplings, which both Chelsea and I found average at best. The price at Caterking Dim Sum was average too — nothing to scream about.


Didn't take photo of our food but Caterking Dim Sum makes an appearence in my vlog so you can watch if you're intersted :)


After filling our stomach, we were out to battle the cold again.




Before I entered Mass Comm, I heard rumours of backstabbing bitches and how you can never find true friends in a media course. Sure, we had quarrels and disagreements, but at the end of the day I am, and will always be, thankful for this gem placed in my life.

You Might Also Like

0 comments