MOKO Shopping Mall and Mongkok (Hong Kong Day 3.3)

July 06, 2018

Mong Kok, Hong Kong

I took the chance to change into a sensible furry hoodie when I sent Chelsea back to Le Prabelle Hotel, and hastily googled for a few shopping spots nearby. It worked out well because our hotel was located in between Prince Edward and Mong Kok, which are famous for their shopping streets. It's funny looking back because I now travel solo a lot, but Hong Kong was only the second country I travelled to in my life and I practiced extreme caution back then.




There's something about Hong Kong that draws me in. I even speak fondly of the the busy streets, honking cars, and citizens in a perpetual rush — a surprise to many, considering how I'm more of a country than city girl.



Took a selfie to commemorate the first time I "travel solo"


MOKO Hong Kong

Address: 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Nearest MTR: Mong Kok East MTR Station, Exit D
Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm daily



On my way to MOKO Shopping Mall, along Mong Kok East MTR Station, I bumped into Justin Bieber! The Calvin Klein poster anyway. I was such a fan girl back then(/。\)



Imagine my happiness when I walked into MOKO and saw the huge Justin Bieber poster plastered outside Calvin Klein! I loitered outside Calvin Klein for quite a while because I wanted a photo with the poster, but was too embarrassed to ask for it. That, paired with the fact that I'm uncompletely unfamilar with Cantonese, made me afraid to approach anyone.


In the end, I picked up the courage to approach a couple becuase I figured no one would recognise me anyway. While they were accomodating, the guy was rather puzzled, I supposed, because why would this foreign girl want a photo in the middle of the mall?

He took a step back in confusion, realised the situation, and exclaimed with sight disdain, "Ohhh. Justin Bieber..."

Pardon this ignominious traveller.

Unfortunately, despite the embarrassment I just put myself through, the girl cut of Justin Bieber's face T__T


I walked to the opposite side of MOKO to take a photo of just how enomous the poster is while waiting for the couple to leave because I didn't want to insult her phototaking skills by asking someone else to take the photo for me when they were still in sight.


Used the time to take photos with more Justin Bieber posters around the mall. Wow, I was such a public embarrassment.


After what seemed like forever, I finally picked up my courage to approach another local to take the photo for me. Yay, my Justin Bieber poster in its full glory!


I decided to venture out into the cold and take a short walk around the streets of Mong Kok before heading back to our hotel to meet Chelsea.



Goldfish Market, Hong Kong

You Might Also Like

0 comments