Taking things for granted.

May 05, 2013

I've been taking an interest in the general elections happening in Malaysia now that I'm old enough to understand what's going on. I feel like the current Malaysian government is getting more desperate as the days passed by. I've heard of corruptions happening in the government but I never thought that it would be this bad.

I will not go into details about how rigged this election is but one thing for sure: watching the general elections in Malaysia made me glad that I'm living in Singapore. Sure, the cost of living is high (and still rising), and it is stressful living here as a student, especially when education means almost everything, but things are still good and our government isn't corrupted.

We have many foreign talent, but our safety isn't compromised. The system here we have is fair and just, regardless of race, language or religion, just like how our national pledge states.

We are one of the few countries that achieved almost universal education at the primary and the secondary levels; our government ensures we have a common core knowledge by introducing the compulsory education system.

The guys are forced to serve NS but if they don't protect our country, who will?

We complain about having our pay deducted because of CPF but it is because of the CPF that we are forced to save up for rainy days.

Yes, there are still many things I don't like about the Singapore system (like the influx of foreign talent) but the good outweigh the bad. You know, I think that sometimes we take too many things for granted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments