Ex-Boyfriend's 21st birthday // #yc21st // Part 1

April 23, 2014

Some people asked me what did I get for my boyfriend's 21st birthday so I decided to just blog about it! Okay, maybe if nobody asked, I would have blogged about it all the same because I'm excited to be able to finally share it with everyone!!!

I actually spent an exorbitant amount of money on his birthday party already so I decided to just make something for him. I had so many ideas but I just couldn't settle for one because they all seem great!

Then I remembered that my boyfriend lovesssssss receiving letters from me. When he's having a tough week in army whatsoever, I will always encourage him by telling him there's a letter for him when he books out and it always makes his days a little better.

That's when the idea of writing him 21 letters formed. There were many ideas on the internet but I decided to make it more personal so I made up quite a few of my own.


The 21 glorious completed letters laid down together ^-^

I wasn't sure how should I decorate the letters so I designed 21 labels with some of my favourite fonts and printed them out! I really love the end results ^-^ I sealed up the letters using the cute stickers I collected over the years and they looked great!

The letters consisted of:
  • Open a day after your 21st
  • Open when you want a trip down memory lane
  • Open when we're having a fight
  • Open when you don't feel good about yourself
  • Open when you miss me badly
  • Open when I seem distant
  • Open when you don't know what present to get me
  • Open when you can't sleep
  • Open on our first anniversary
  • Open when you need reassurance about us
  • Open when you think about our future together
  • Open when you need to know how much I love you
  • Open after you had a bad and tiring day
  • Open when you're overseas for deployment
  • Open when you're feeling sick
  • Open when you feel like giving up on us
  • Open when I'm too busy with school to write you more letters
  • Open when you're bored
  • Open on the last day of 2014
  • Open when you ORD
  • Open this last

Each of them consist of a letter and some of them have little surprises in them. I can't say what they are or what I wrote because my boyfriend hasn't open the letters yet but if you really wish to know, ask me in private :p

I have never done so much for anyone before and the idea sounded too huge and a little crazy at first but I'm glad I did it because my boyfriend loved it :) I wasn't sure how long it would take so I started this immediately after confirming the idea (a little after Valentine's Day) and barely managed to complete them a few days before his birthday on 12 April so it took me around 2 months.

Even though it was a lot of hard work and my hands felt like breaking at times, I really enjoyed the process of hunting for little presents and putting myself in the situation. It's a bit tricky writing about the future but it was fun! ^^

The trickiest part is getting him a present that can be more awesome than this in the future wtf. Good luck, me.

You Might Also Like

8 comments