Flowers in the Window, Cafe-hopping & KSL City (Johor Bahru 2017)

March 11, 2018

Prior to leaving my full time job, I had two days of leave to clear so I travelled to Johor Bahru with with Chelsea whom I travelled to Hong Kong with, in 2016. It was one of Chelsea's rare few days in Singapore and we haven't spent a full day together since we both started working!


We initially wanted to satisfy my cravings for Malaysia street food but ended up getting ignored T__T I have no idea why because we were polite, and I spoke to the auntie in my Malaysia-accented Chinese. After an hour, we finally lost our patience and walked into a random cafe, hunting for any food that would fill our tummies T___T


Flowers in the Window

Address: 9, Jalan Dhoby, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Opening Hours: 10am to 8pm daily | Closed on Tuesdays
Contact No.: +60 7-222 7489




We went to Koone Cafe which I previously went to when I visited Johor Bahru. I clearly remembered it as a soft-serve place only to find out it was frozen yogurt... What?! Chelsea ddoesn't take froyo so I had to finish the whole cup by myself.


Koone Cafe


Address
30, Jalan Dhoby, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Opening Hours
Monday to Thursday, 1 to 10pm
Friday and Saturday 12pm to 11 pm
Closed on Sundays


To satisfy Chelsea's dessert craving, we stopped by Big Bites Cafe which I had ice cream at previously. This time, we ordered a chocolate crepe cake to share. It was yummy! The cake had just the right amount of sweetness without making you feel jelak at the end of it.

Big Bites Cafe

Address
18, Jalan Ibrahim, Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Opening Hours
9am to 7pm daily

Telephone Number
+60 7-221 1475


We took a cab down to KSL City for Chelsea to get her nails done. The trip costed around RM6 on meter. Anyway, I noticed that the Malaysian way (or is it just my family LOL) of getting on cabs is to just demand for the taxi uncle to turn on the meter while Singaporeans are more soft-spoken and will request for it.



KSL city

Address
33, Jalan Seladang, Taman Abad, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Opening Hours
10am to 10pm daily

Contact Number
+60 7-288 2888

Auntie Anne's chocolate eclair, which I haven't seen in Singapore

Auntie Anne's

Address
Lot S13 & S14, Lower Ground Floor, KSL City




Loots from JB

I always end up carrying a lot of things back from Johor Bahru because my mom is a Malaysian and she frequently craves Malaysia food.

You Might Also Like

0 comments