FREE lockers for luggage storage in Taipei, near MRT stations

May 03, 2020


Did you know that other than Taipei MRT stations, Taoyuan Airport, and train stations' luggage storage centre — with costs ranging from NT10 per hour to NT70 per day — there are FREE lockers in Taipei city, operated by SOGO departmental stores, located just minutes away from prominent MRT stations?

I did an online search before writing this post. While most blogs document the lockers in Taipei MRT stations and Taoyuan Airport, various train stations' luggage storage centre or the new initiative Lalalockers (with Lalalockers, you can store your luggage with store owners for greater convenience) there are little to no recommendations about the SOGO's free lockers for luggage storage in Taipei.

To be honest I was initially sceptical when I first read about them in Taiwanese forums. Free luggage storage with no terms and conditions? Sounds too good to be true. I had expected to be pressurised to buy something in SOGO in exchange for the luggage storage services, or show proof of purchase before I can store my luggage with them.



Imagine my surprise when I realised the free lockers, tucked into a small corner, were unmanned! There was even ample space for me to unpack and repack my luggage so I could fit everything into the locker.

As you can tell from the size, the biggest locker should a piece of 24-inch luggage comfortably. I used a 20-inch one and still had ample space above to fit my soft toy LOL.

Instructions for the free lockers


Don't worry even if you're a non-Chinese speaker as there are instructions in English as well. It's pretty straightforward and fuss-free. If you're afraid of forgetting which locker you used, just snap a photo of your locker with the locker number after locking it like I always do!



There are four SOGOs around Taipei, but only two that offer the free lockers for storage. the lockers are usually tucked away in a quiet corner so look out for that hint of lime green, or ask the shopkeepers. If you're utlising SOGO's free lockers, it'll be nice to purchase something from the stores as well :)

SOGO Fuxing Store (SOGO復興館)

Address: 

No.45, Sec. 4, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan
(106台北市忠孝東路三段300號)

Level: 

Basement 3

Operating hours:

9am to 9:30pm daily | 9am to 10pm on eve of public holidays

SOGO Zhongxiao Store (SOGO忠孝館)

Address: 

No.300, Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan
(106台北市忠孝東路四段45號)

Level: 

Basement 2

Operating hours:

9am to 9:30pm daily | 9am to 10pm on eve of public holidays

You Might Also Like

0 comments