Hong Kong Disneyland Main Street & Adventureland (HK Day 2.3)

January 21, 2018



We walked back into Main Street, where most Disney stores are located at. Main Street is also where you'll find most street performances and Meet & Greets with your favourite Disney characters. Us, being the girls that we are, obviously took every photo opportunity available, and even asked the staff if we could hold the balloons for some photos.



Lots of Tsum Tsum! 2016 was the peak of Tsum Tsum craze.


A middle-aged man followed us around the store and told us he had been observing us for some time — as if it was supposed to be a compliment. He wasn't even there with his grandkids or elderly wife, he was just there alone! I wonder if people actually pay to enter Disneyland to give name cards to young girls like us... In the above photo, I was holding the name card he insistently shove towards us. Guess I'll never find out his motive because I lost his name card long ago.

Duffy bear bottles

I was seriously considering buying a Duffy bear water bottle (~SGD $13) because it was soooo adorableeeeee! But decided against it because every single friend I showed it to said I was being impulsive. But come on, Duffy bear is so cute! How can you ever say no to that? T__T




For most part of 2015 to 2016, Singapore was obsessed with Tsum Tsum because of that now-obsolete mobile game. Interesting how Disney manages to capture the attention of audiences from different age groups.





The only photo we managed to take with a Disney mascot, only because we caught Pluto at Main Street when the queue was dying. God forbid if I waste my precious time in Disneyland queueing hours for a photo with Mickey Mouse.


Me: Oh my god, it's Goofy!
Chelsea: I'm pretty sure his tag says Pluto...



I love how the vibes of each "city" is distinctly different. We walked out of Main Street, turned into Adventureland, and it looks entirely different.



Though she be but little, she is fierce

 
I hardly take selfies because I'm horrible at them but I guess Disneyland is truly magical — even the selfies I took there turn out nice.


A photo with the pirates who were very into their characters! All Disney characters are professionally trained and they never fail to impress me. These two pirates, for example, spoke perfect English and had a good time making fun of Chelsea and me. when we asked for a photo, they teased us by turning the wrong way and refusing to look at the camera. The love they have for their job and, in a way, performing is evident.

You Might Also Like

0 comments